What is a Pulse Oximeter?
5 Best Pulse Oximeters of 2018
1. Masimo iSpO2 Pulse Oximeter Review
The leading producer of pulse oximeters has taken the first place in our list. Masimo has been producing pulse oximeters for over 25 years and they have established a well-know brand in the hospital and personal pulse oximeters. Masimo's products provide the most accurate measurements because of their revolutionary Signal Extraction Technology ®(SET) which uses five parallel signal processing engines that measure through challenging conditions like low blood flow and movement. This technology is available only on Masimo's Pulse Oximeters.
iSpO2 Pulse Oximeter by Masimo is very practical and easy to use. You can take it with you wherever you go as it is small in size. For measuring with iSpO2 you need to have a smartphone and the app installed which you can download on the AppStore and Play Store for free.
Currently iSpO2 supports Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Apple iPod and Android Phones including Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (2014 edition), Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Nexus 9, Nexus 7, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Droid Mini, Motorola RAZR M and many others.
2. VIVE Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Review
VIVE Fingertip Pulse Oximeter comes second in our best pulse oximeters list. Vive has really gotten ahead of the competition with this portable, lightweight and easy-to-use pulse oximeter. Just take the product out of the box and it's ready to be used.
VIVE promises very accurate readings as it states that each device undergoes through rigorous testings to guarantee the customer the most accurate measurements.
Some other features of this pulse oximeter are:
- Quick Readings: Vive promises instant readings as soon as you place your finger within the device.
- Alarm Functionality: If the device reads low oxygen saturation levels or irregular heartbeat, it has a built-in alarm function that will go off.
- 2 Year Guarantee: Vive stands behind their products which is why the provide a 2 year limited warranty.
When you buy the Vive Pulse Oximeter the box also includes the following:
- Durable carrying case
- 2 AAA Batteries
3. Santamedical Generation 2 SM-165 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Santamedical 2nd Generation Pulse Oximeter is filled with features and long battery life. This is why it is 3rd on our ranking list.
Some of the features that this device offers are:
- FDA Approved
- Quick and Accurate SpO2 and Pulse Rate measurments
- BRIGHT OLED Display
- Lightweight and Easy to Use
- Long Battery Life
- 1 Year Warranty
4. Masimo MightySat Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Even though Masimo MightySat Oximeter by our testings provided the most accurate measurements, we have ranked it on the 4th place because of it's price, which is not affordable for everyone. Masimo's products have the best measurement technology called SET (Signal Extraction Technology) which is patented and used by Masimo's products only. This technology provides hospital-grade measurements.
MightySat is far ahead of the competition for its accuracy, technology, and features. It not only measures Pulse Rate and Oxygen Saturation Levels, but it also measures Perfusion Index (PI), Respiration Rate (RRp) and Pleth Variability Index (PVI).
For people with serious conditions that need the most accurate readings we strongly recommend buying this Pulse Oximeter. To back this product Masimo offers 4 year warranty which is way above the competition's average.
Features of Masimo MightySat:
- Hospital-grade technology SAT (Signal Extraction Technology) which uses five parallel signal processing engines which in a study was found to be the most accurate on the market on challenging conditions.
- High resolution display
- Bluetooth connection with smartphone apps on AppSore(Apple) and Play Store)
- Flexible Pad: Easy conforms to the finger shape.
5. Innovo CMS 50F PLUS
The CMS 50F wrist pulse oximeter comes with a newly designed Innovo® SnugFit probe that can measure blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate through your fingertip with extreme precision. It also contains a built in auditory and visual alarm that warns you if the oximeter is not place correctly on the finger, the battery is low or when your SpO2 is beyond set limits.
This product is mostly designed for athletes who want to measure their pulse rate and oxygen saturation levels before and after sports.
Features of CMS 50F:
- Quick and Accurate
- Built-in Alarm
- Rechargeable Battery
- Automatic Power-Off